Poynton Show are committed to maintaining the confidence and trust of our visitors to our web site. Here you’ll find information on how we treat the data that we collect from website visitors, or any personal data that is collected by one of the forms used by Poynton Show.
When a user visits www.poyntonshow.co.uk we use a third a party service, Google Analytics, which is used to collect standard internet tracking information and details of visitor activity. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to our website, entry links, keyword activity, exit pages, vistor length. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
This policy describes your rights and to give you information that you are entitled to under the Data Protection Act 2018. It explains how we use your personal data (your name; address and anything that could be used to identify you personally) when you use our website or when we provide services to you. We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which are also explained.
Poynton Show & Poynton Horticultural and Agricultural Society Data Controller and Data Protection Officer.
The Data Controller is Poynton Horticultural and Agricultural Society.
The Data Protection Officer is the Poynton Horticultural and Agricultural Society and Poynton Show Secretary and can be contacted at:
Poynton Show Office, Poynton British Legion, Georges Road West, Poynton, Cheshire, SK12 1JY.
Telephone: 01625 872065. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why are we collecting or processing your data?
We use your personal data in the following ways. The personal data that you provide to us is used to;
· provide you with the information, products and services about Poynton Show that you request from us.
· provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences about Poynton Show.
· manage and administer our business.
· review and improve our services.
· support Poynton Show membership benefits.
The purpose for collecting or processing the data is for the administration of visitors and exhibitors to Poynton Show including subscriptions as a Vice President of Poynton Show, Competitor or Show Exhibitor. (add in further detail here if necessary)
Personal data you are legally obliged to provide
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide information or services of Poynton Show to you .
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of Poynton Show we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
· we are entering a contract and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you.
· we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of Poynton Show and the improvement of our services) and our doing so does not interfere with your privacy rights.
When we need your consent to use your personal data
If we have obtained your consent or we have identified that consent is the most appropriate lawful basis for processing, we make the request for consent prominent and separate from our terms and conditions and ask you to positively opt in. We don’t use pre-ticked boxes or any other type of default consent and we specify why we want the data and what we’re going to do with it and where possible will give separate distinct options to consent separately to different purposes and types of processing.
In exceptional circumstances, we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which requires your consent. If this situation applies we will get in contact with you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. Where we obtain your consent to process your personal data we record this consent under Poynton Show administration procedures.
You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date by contacting the Show Office at any time without detriment to you.
With whom we share your personal data
The personal data you provide may be shared with other society’s affiliated to Poynton Show where we have informed you on any application or entrance forms, Poynton Show organisers, other competitors and results of any competitions may also be published. We may share your data with the following people in the day to day running our business;
· any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with information or services that you have requested from us.
· Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others.
(List any other external organisations Poynton Show may share data with and the reasons for sharing)
Organisations and Society’s that Poynton Show & Poynton Horticultural and Agricultural Society are affiliated to and information may be shared with include;
· North West Federation of Show Societies, www.nwshows.co.uk,
· Association of Show and Agricultural Organisations, www.asao.co.uk,
· Shire Horse Society,
· British Rabbit Council,
· Donkey Breed Society, British Poultry Club,
· Royal Horticultural Society,
· National Sweet Pea Society,
· National Chrysanthemum Society,
· British Gladiolus Society,
· Royal National Rose Society and National Dahlia Society,
· The British and European Geranium Society,
· National Vegetable Society,
· British National Carnation Society.
How long we keep your personal data
Your personal data will only be held for as long as we actually need it once this has elapsed all data will be destroyed securely in line with Poynton Horticultural and Agricultural Society procedures. (Please note that we may anonymise personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely but we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual).
Under Data Protection legislation you have the following individual rights with regards to your personal data Poynton Show & Poynton Horticultural and Agricultural Society which include;
· The right of access your personal data and supplementary information – you have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you – this is called the right of subject access. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us by post or email.
· The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
· The right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
· The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
· The right to object to processing in certain circumstances
Further information can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Transfer of personal data to other countries
Automated decision making
No personal data you provide will be used for any automated decision making.
How we store personal data
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
· storing your personal data securely.
· encrypting any payment transactions made through our website.
· ensuring that our Committee and volunteers receive data security awareness training.
· keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets.
Visitors to our websites (Needs reviewing by website admin)
When you visit poyntonshow.org.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
How to complain if you are not happy
If you are unhappy with any aspect of this privacy notice, or how your personal information is being processed, in the first instance please contact:
The Secretary, Poynton Show Office, Poynton British Legion, Georges Road West, Poynton, Cheshire, SK12 1JY. Telephone: 01625 872065. Email: email@example.com
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and send you a full response within 20 working days. If we can’t respond fully in this time, we will write and let you know why and tell you when you should get a full response. Once we have responded and you are still not happy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
When you use and access our website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on this website and we use different types of cookies to run our website:
Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various thirdparties cookies to report usage
statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
the help pages of your web browser.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features of our website, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about cookies and the following thirdparty websites:
● AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
● Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/